Friday, June 4, 2010

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out, Kid - the Quantum version

Looks like Nicolas Gisin is still at the forefront of Quantum Entanglement. I mention him in my book, Entangled. This time, he is going to shoot entangled photons at human eyes! Yes, really. Look at 

Spooky Eyes: Using Human Volunteers to Witness Quantum Entanglement

Though eyes are poor photon detectors, they hope there is some enlightenment about entangled photons.

 I don't think new revelations will come about because of this experiment. A photon is a photon, whether its quantum spin is up or down. I thought it interesting he warned there is no danger of the person viewing the photons to become entangled with the person on the other side. I guess in any nascent technology there is always F.U.D. (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt) by many who are quite cautious.

 Find out more about Nicolas Gisin and his colleagues in my book, Entangled.

No comments:

Post a Comment